M.J. McCabe has been designing residential landscapes for over 20 years. After completing the Landscape Design Certification at The New York Botanical Garden, she traveled extensively to study garden design in England, Ireland and Japan. A convergence of these styles is reflected in her elegant and enduring landscapes, set primarily along the Connecticut shoreline. An ongoing collaboration with skilled landscape contractors, masons and carpenters produces landscapes that complement and enhance your home and your lifestyle.
In the International 2010 Landscape Design Awards, M.J. McCabe won a Small Gardens Merit Award from the Association of Professional Landscape Designers.
M.J. McCabe is a member of the Garden Writers Association, and she currently writes for the Shoreline Times. Her writing and photographs have appeared in Costal Homes, River & Shore, The Designer, Fine Gardening, the Hartford Courant, Decorating & Remodeling Magazine, and in the book A Country Garden for Your Backyard by Marny Smith and Karen Bussolini.
M.J. McCabe Garden Design currently serves the Connecticut counties of New Haven and New London. Please call 203.484.9031 to inquire about Landscape & Garden Design for your home or business.
Horticulture, Spring 2020
Coastal Homes, Spring 2012
River & Shore, Holiday 2010
The Designer, Fall 2010
Coastal Homes, Spring 2010
Coastal Homes, On the Waterfront
Fine Gardening, October 2007
River & Shore, Summer 2008
A Country Garden for Your Backyard, 1994
- Harvard University, Graduate School of Design, “Stonemasony: The Bridge between Architecture and Landscape,” 2003
- The New York Botanical Garden, Landscape Design Certification, 1988
- Arnold Aboretum, The Landscape Institute Summer Intensive, 1989
- The University of Connecticut, Department of Landscape Architecture,1984-85
- Albertus Magnus College, BA English/Business, 1984
- Harvard University, Graduate School of Design, Summer 1989
Association of Professional Landscape Designers, Board Member
Connecticut Horticultural Society
Ecological Landscaping Association
Garden Writers Association
Metro New York Horticulture Society
New York Botanical Garden